Monday, May 6, 2013

♡ Make Up Mayhem Day 1: Products I've Used Up ♡

Hi guys!


rsyqh.blogspot.com

I'm so excited to finally be doing a products I've used up post because I've been meaning to do it for a while now. I was inspired by Ingrid to finally make this post! I've been gathering a few products and now I have a couple.. I won't be showing that many products on this post because I usually throw out products that I've used up so I'm thinking of making a products I've repurchased soon! I love these posts because it's like several reviews in one and you know the review is sincere since they used up the whole product! Also you might notice that there aren't a lot of products that I don't like and that's because I usually only buy something after I read reviews or if someone recommends it to me! There are some products that aren't show in the pictures because I finished them before I started keeping my empty containers and they'll be featured, but I have used it! So yeah.... Let's get started!








Ok I guess I'll start off with my favorite product in this whole entire post. The St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub... this product is on my holy grail skin care products list and I recommend it to everyone! I have dry skin so I don't really have problems with acne as much as I do with flakiness. This product is supposed to exfoliate to prevent blemishes and clean pores. I wash my face with this at night usually and I focus it on my nose area because that's where I get blackheads and flakiness. This product is amazing! I will literally see results the minute I was this off! I've already repurchased this and I'm pretty sure that the packaging on this changed so if you're going to go purchase this, you'll have to remember the name not the packaging! In other news, go buy this! It's only three dollars at Target and you can find this at any drug store! 


Another product on this that is miraculous is the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for dry, sensitive skin. I bought this at Costco, because it's cheaper there and it also comes in a bigger size than normal or you get two for a cheaper price! A few months ago I had really bad allergies, I'm talking REALLY bad... I had rash looking things all over my arms and I was so insecure that I would always wear long sleeve shirts. I went to a doctor and she recommended Cetaphil, after using this for about a month, the rash was gone. So thank you Cetaphil. This also moisturizes my skin so well! If you have oily skin they also have a version for oily skin. This product is about ten dollars and it's so worth it! 

If you read my 'Favorite Perfumes' post then you know how much I love this so I won't go too much into detail. It's the Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume! This smells amazing and I find myself repurchasing it again and again and again. It's such a sweet smell. I love the packaging as well. This exact one with 50 mL is about $65.00!

This is the one of the only make up items and I'm sorry for that! I don't go through make up as fast as I do other things! This is the Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara.. this works really well! If you want really long lashes without clumping then this is the mascara for you. I really like mascaras that make my lashes look naturally long and this does that! If you also like that then this is the product for you. This is about seven dollars at any drug store.

This is another one of my favorite products, it's the Batiste Dry Shampoo in floral & flirty blush. I'm on a journey to grow out my hair and making it healthier so I'm trying not to wash it or put heat on it everyday so I'm trying out different dry shampoos and this is one of the first ones I tried. And right off the bat I really liked this one. I just put it on my hair and let it sit for a while then I blend it in with my fingers. It gives my hair a little extra volume and makes it look like I just washed it! It's great! I got this at Ulta for nine dollars! 

I've been using this shampoo (and the conditioner too but I threw it out, oops) for so long! It's the Bed Head Some Like It Hot Heat & Humidity Resistant Shampoo. A few weeks ago I actually stopped using this and switched to a shampoo and conditioner just for colored hair. The smell of this shampoo is really great and the size also! It lasts will last you months! Even though I've been using this for a long time, I'm not actually sure that it did anything to my hair. After switching shampoos I found my hair a lot healthier so I will actually not repurchase this anymore. I would use this because I used to be  a heat-a-holic and I would convince myself that using this made it ok. So I'm actually not a big fan of this and don't find that it's very much worth the price. I might give this a second chance in the future but just not right now. This is about twenty dollars a bottle if I'm not mistaken.

This is actually a sample, but I decided to put this on here anyways! It's the Sephora Age Defy Moisture Cream SPF 15. First of all, let me state the obvious and say that I do not have wrinkles! I'm a teenager, in case you didn't know. I actually liked this though and if I were to purchase this I would get the one in the pink container because it's just a normal moisturizer. The reason why I will not be purchasing this is because it's 20 dollars and I didn't find it to be so great that it's worth that price. For now I'll just stick to my Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion!

I'm not even sure if they still make this because I got it last year, I'm pretty sure, at the VS Semi Annual sale and I got quite a few of them because the smell is literally heavenly. It's the Victoria's Secret Balancing Body Wash in the scent Honeysuckle & White Patchouli. This has such a relaxing smell and it makes me feel super calm. If they don't make this anymore I really hope they bring it back because I love it! I hate how Victoria's Secret always discontinues their best products! I have another product in this that I think is discontinued. Boo you VS!

I don't know why I included this in this post but oh well! This is not in the pictures! It's the Sundown Naturals Fish Oil. Not much to say about this, I don't know if it's doing what it's supposed to but you know I don't have any heart problems so it must be working right? They don't have the fishy taste like most Omega 3 pills so that's good.

This is another product that I am very sad to say is discontinued and it makes me upset every time I look at it because I only have 1 more bottle of it :( It's the VS Nourishing Body Lotion with Organic Shea Butter. This line altogether was my favorite Pink one ever! It was the one they made to promote recycling and vegan products! It smells so nice and I love moisturizers with pumps, tubes just get messy and you get more than you want at a time and it's just messy like I said!

This is the Clean and Clear Fast Clearing Spot Treatment. I feel like the first few uses it worked really well and made pimples go away but after a few uses it didn't work anymore. I have no idea why! Mine came with the Advantage Acne Control Kit that I actually gave to one someone else. The whole kit was 17 dollars.

This one is a product that I really liked! This product is not shown in the pictures. It's the Clinique Take The Day Off Make Up Remover. I really like this, my eye make up literally glided off with this. I just put it on a cotton ball and took my make up off! It's amazing! I've repurchased this but I won't be buying it again because it is pretty expensive for an eye makeup remover and I think there's drug store ones who do just the same! It's priced at 18 dollars.

Tressemé Tres Two Spray. It did what it was supposed to do! It held my curls the whole day so I guess that's good! I love the size because it lasts so long! I don't know the price of this but you can easily find it at Target!

VS So Sexy Straight & Silky Shampoo, Conditioner and Styling Mist. This is not shown in the pictures. This made my hair feel really soft and it looked really nice. But it's not much different from any other shampoo and conditioner that I've used before. I bought the three of them on the 3/$24 sale!

Some of you are probably surprised at this but yes I did actually finish a lipstick. That sounds so weird to say. It's the MAC Siss Lipstick! I love it so much, it's a nude color and I'm definitely going to repurchase this, I love MAC lipsticks! They're priced at 15 dollars.

I didn't finish this one but I'm almost done with it and it's my second one so I decided to include it in this post. This might be cheating but whatever! It's the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Mineral Powder. I'm not sure what shade this is because when I opened this I ripped off the name of the shade. I love this because it's super light on my skin and I don't feel like I'm wearing any make up. I did stop using this though because I switched to the MAC Studio Fix Powder! But this is a great drugstore brand that will not break you out! It's around 11 dollars.

This is another one that's not shown in the pictures. It's the Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser. I used this in the morning and I felt super awake not only by the water, but also by the refreshing scent. It smells really nicely and it cleans my skin nicely. It gets me started for my day! It's priced at 5 dollars!

Last but definitely not least, the Lush Cosmetic Warrior Face Mask. I love this so much! It makes my skin feel refreshed and renewed. The only bad side about this is the nasty smell, it smells like a wet dog and feels really funny. It has onion in the mix so that's probably why. Despite the smell I really like it. I'm not really sure that this was made for my skin type but I use it anyways! So far I've liked every Lush product I've tried! I bought this for seven dollars!

I hope you liked this post! I probably don't have as many products listed as most would have but I feel like this is a good amount for the past month or so! Hope this helped you! I'll be posting a lot this month due to makeup MAYhem! I'd love to see what products you've used up as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment