Saturday, May 18, 2013

♡ Make Up Mayhem Day 9: All About Hair+ DIY Hair Masks♡

Hi guys,




Today's post is going to be all about hair! All the way from seventh grade till my freshman year I would straighten my hair every single day. That damaged my hair sooo much and now I'm on a journey to restore it, it's not easy! So I decided to use my past experience to help you guys so you don't damage your hair like I did! My hair is long and I'm naturally a brunette but a few months ago I ombred my hair. If you didn't know ombre hair is dying the tips of your hair blonde, which means bleaching. Which is bad for your hair. So yeah, it'll be a long journey to healthy hair but I have to do it!

Brunettes: If you're a brunette and you want to enrich your hair color then put coffee on it! I know it sounds weird but trust me it works pretty well. Also use a shampoo and conditioner just for brunettes John Frieda Brilliant Brunette.

Blondes: If you're a non natural blonde and your hair sometimes turns this orangey or sometimes even green color then go out and buy some purple shampoo. Purple shampoo works on blonde hair because yellow and purple are opposites on the color wheel. I personally use purple shampoo and it makes my hair look great! I recommend the Clairol Shimmer Lights for blonde and silver hair that you can get at Sally's for $8.49. For a hair mask try mixing 1 table spoon of honey with 3 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil!

Red Hair: If you died your hair red then you should probably use a color protection shampoo like the Quantum Riveting Reds! Don't use Morrocan oil on your hair because it will most likely strip off the color. Don't wash your hair every day or the color will fade faster. 

Damaged or dry hair: This is going to be a long one! Ok so for hair masks try mixing avocado with some yogurt and mix it together. Leave that on your hair for a good 20 minutes and then wash it out. To repair the damage you'll need a good deep conditioner/hair mask so I recommend the Macadamia Deep Mask! This next one is important try to stay away from heat or use a good heat protecting spray! Don't wash your hair too much and in between washes you can use a dry shampoo, I highly recommend the Batiste Dry Shampoo, of course!! Also use oils in your hair, I like the Morrocan oil but feel free to play around and find your favorite!

Wavy hair: Some of you will probably guess this but sea salt spray! It'll be your best friend. If you want to make it at home then check out this recipe! But if you just want to purchase it then try the Not Your Mother Beach Babe spray! 

Curly hair: If you have curly hair you'll probably need a detangler and for that I recommend the It's a 10 Miracle Leave In Product! You might need something to tame your curls as well and I'd use the Rusk Silk Curls line! Also remember to use a wide tooth comb to brush out your hair!

Straight hair: Straight hair is very easy to manage in my opinion! Any shampoo works and any products work!

Hope you enjoyed this post! If you want further help then I suggest talking to your hair stylist because I'm not a professional and everything I know, I know through experience!




No comments:

Post a Comment