Wednesday, May 22, 2013

♡ Make Up Mayhem Day 12: Clinique 3 Step Skin Care Review♡


Hi guys,

I'm finally getting around to make this review that I've been meaning to do for a while but I wanted to use it a bit longer! Ok so I purchased this at Macy's a few months ago for $53.00...  I took the little quiz thing for my skin at the Clinique counter at Macy's and all of Clinique's employees are just so nice so if you have access to one then go!I bought this cause I've only used one other Clinique product before and it was a complete miracle worker but I'll leave that to another post!

I'll start off by giving you some background info on my skin. If I don't use a moisturizer or anything like that then by noon my skin will be uncomfortable and tight on my nose and chin, my cheeks are fine. My skin can get very dry and unpleasant if I don't use the right products. Aka I have type 2 skin: Dry combination but lately it's been more like type 1. It's recommended that you use this twice a day but I only use it once a day.

Clinique's 3 Step classifies skin as 4 different types.
Type 1: Very Dry To Dry
Type 2: Dry Combination
Type 3: Oily Combination
Type 4: Oily to Very Oily
If you want to find out what type of skin you have then visit Clinique's website and click on 'Find Your Skin Care Routine'!
First, I'll review each product separately starting with the Liquid Facial Soap in mild. This is Step 1, I use this to clean my face. I really like this it takes all my make up and makes my skin not look as tight. If you're one of those people who hate smells on skin care products then don't worry this doesn't have a smell. You can probably get by using only have a pump of this, I do. In other words, I would repurchase this.

Now the Clarifying Lotion 2, I did feel like this cleansed my pores very well but it did dry out my skin even more than normal. I wouldn't really recommend this for exfoliating because for exfoliation I'm a huge fan of scrubs because they remove blackheads and all that stuff! So yes this does clean my pores very well but I wouldn't repurchase it as an exfoliator. It does dry out my skin, so if you have dry skin then this might be a problem so I'd consider skipping this step.
Now the Dramatically Different Lotion, I love this! It moisturizes my skin super well! Before I put on my make up I'll wash my face and then put some of this and let it sit! I only use a pump of this because a little pump goes a long way. I actually really enjoyed this so yes I would repurchase this.

Originally I was using this twice a day but I did break out so I started using it once a day! Overall, the Clinique 3 Step did a very nice job cleansing my skin but it didn't change much. My skin still got uncomfortable after a while. If you don't break out and you're just looking for something to cleanse our skin then this is the product for you. But if you break out then I don't think this is for you! Beware that I'm reviewing the Dry Combination kit, other ones might be different but I don't think it's a big difference. I do think that my skin just got used to this so I need to change it up a little and pick out a new skin care system! 

Hope this helped!




No comments:

Post a Comment