Friday, June 28, 2013

♡ Style Dupe: Kylie Jenner ♡

Hi guys,

I'm excited to introduce to you guys a new series that I'm starting today! It's called style dupe..  I've been working on this idea for a while now, and now that I'm on vacation I can finally release it! A dupe is basically a copy of something. Usually in the beauty/fashion world it's when you take something that's expensive and you find cheaper alternatives, the cheaper one being the dupe. For example a dupe for the NARS Night Porter eyeshadow ($24.00) is NYX Exotic Green ($4.99)! Get it? I thought this would be something fun to do because I feel like a lot of people have a certain person as a style icon and don't know how to dress like them without spending hundreds and sometimes even thousands of dollars! So welcome to my first style dupe post! My first post will be about Kylie Jenner.... I love her style and envy her closet greatly, am I the only one? Probably not.. She has this kind of Cali girl style that can be considered a little edgy. It looks very comfortable but still really really good!

So first I'll show you some pictures of her! I took all these pictures from her instragram by the way! Which is @kyliejenner





















Ok so here's a collage of some items that I've seen Kylie wearing!
-I'm not exactly sure where to start... If you look at the exact middle you'll see four beauty products. A black liquid eyeliner that I see her wearing in almost every picture, a red lipstick that she wears quite a lot (the one pictured is Riri Woo by MAC), a black nailpolish (Union Jack Black by Butter London) and a red one (OPI Red). All items that she wears a lot, that I found essential.
-Now... Accessories... First of beanies, she's always wearing beanies. Neff beanies in various colors, a lot of black beanies and the famous 'Ain't No Wifey' beanie from Urban Outiftters. I noticed that she sometimes wears a high ponytail with a printed scarf, the one shown is a floral one by Top Shop. If you saw my MTV Movie Awards Kylie post then you remember this chain by Forever 21. I also noticed various types of sunglasses this one here is a tortoise shell  from River Island. She wears the Cartier gold Love bracelets which are priced at several thousand dollars so I'm just showing some bangles here from Forever 21. I also added the Zara Shopper bag which looks similar to her Celine bag!
-For shoes, I included some black combat boots... You can either pick up some Doc Martens or any combat boots will do!
-I picked out some high waisted shorts, these are from H&M but you can find them everywhere!
-I picked out two different pants, leather leggings from nastygal.com and black high waisted jeans from Go Jane. Any black leggings will do as well.
-Jackets is by far the biggest category.... The camo jacket is by Forever 21, the black leather jacket is by H&M, the army jacket is by Urban Outfitters, the white knit cardigan is by vila.com, and a blazer by Top Shop.

I think that's about it! I might be doing more of these posts if they get enough views! Have a nice weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment