Monday, April 22, 2013

♡ Nars Tinted Moisturizer Review ♡

Hi guys!

Today I'm going to be doing a review on the Nars Tinted Moisturizer. I wanted to wait at least a month before I reviewed this to make sure that my review was accurate. Here's some background info first! I purchased this product last month at Sephora for $42.00 dollars and before anyone comments saying that, that's a very expensive tinted moisturizer. Let me just say that I know, but I use tinted moisturizer more than foundation and that it's very much worth the price. This product has 1.9 Oz/50 mL which is a lot! I have to say that finding your shade with this tinted moisturizer is rather hard. It only has 11 different shades compared to the Sheer Glow and Sheer Matte foundation which has 20 different shades. I have medium skin with with golden/peachy undertones which means that Annapurna or St Moritz would be the best shade for me, but it was summer time and I was going to the beach almost every day so I was VERY VERY tan and bought it in the shade Seychelles which, unfortunately, is way too dark for me right now so I have to use a lighter powder. If you check out the colors you will see that there's a HUGE difference between St Moritz/Annapurna (my actual skin tone) and Seychelles and that's how tan I got during the summer, so that's very very very tan. I'll just store it till summer so I can use it again :) 

Review
Let's start off with the coverage. The coverage of this is AMAZING, specially for a tinted moisturizer. It has the same coverage as a foundation but it feels super light! Another amazing thing about this is that it contains SPF 30 (sun protection factor), so if you're out during the day and it's sunny, you don't have to worry about getting sunburnt. Which brings me to another positive point, which is the durability. It lasts all day! If I put it on in the morning, by the end of the day it's still on. But that might be because I have relatively dry skin so products usually stay on longer for me than people with oily skin. This moisturizes my skin really well and made my skin feel super smooth! This product will last you forever! Well, for me anyways I only use about a dime size amount when I do use it. If you want a comparison of the size it's twice as big as the ELF Tinted Moisturizer. Like I said before. The only bad part of this product besides the price, which I feel is very expensive, is the shades. I really wish they had more because I had a hard time finding my shade.
All in all, I'd have to give this ★ stars out of five.

If you want to find your perfect shade I highly recommend you check out Karla's post! She has swatches and a translation guide from the Sheer Glow/Sheer Matte shades to the tinted moisturizer. Which in case you were wondering, I'm a Barcelona in. 

Shade 'Seychelles'

No comments:

Post a Comment