Wednesday, March 5, 2014

♡ March Madness Day 5: My Detox Journey ♡


Lately, I've been feeling a bit... groggy. I think that's the word. My hair has been falling more than Jennifer Lawrence at the Oscars, my skin has been so dull, I've been so bloated and that's when I realized. For the past couple months I've been basically living off of junk food. I was watching TV the other day and I heard that these symptoms could all be cured by one thing, a food detox.

What is a food detox?
A food detox is basically cleansing your body of all the toxins you inhale everyday, whether it's from your food, environment or anything else. It's like pressing a 'reset' button on your body.

Who should try a detox diet?
I'm not a doctor so I can't help you there but I took this quiz and I ranked pretty high and figured that a detox was worth a try.

How do I do this?

Pre-detox
Basically, you have to prepare your body for a detox because certain foods can interfere with the liver's ability to detox therefore not allowing you to see full results of your detox. -Certain foods to avoid include: dairy, wheat, junk food, canned foods, processed foods, sugar, alcohol, trans fat, artificial sweeteners, caffeine. 
-Also make sure to eat more fruits and vegetables, try to buy from your local farmer's market to make sure that it's fresh!
-Drink plenty of water, it keeps your body hydrated!

Detox
There is a list of foods that you should include in your detox:
"Beverages

  • "milks" made from allowed foods, such as rice milk, almond milk, hemp milk
  • coconut milk - except canned coconut milk
  • water
  • herbal teas
  • green tea
  • lemon water
  • unsweetened juice made from allowed fruits and vegetables
  • mineral or seltzer water - in limited amounts
  • Sweetners
    Condiments
    Animal Protein
    Daily Detox Do's 

    Now here's some foods to avoid during your detox:

    "Animal Products
    Condiments
    Other Foods to Avoid



    The doctors over at about.com also made a sample menu for a detox diet, you can check it out by clicking this link.
    Another fun thing to try out during a detox is detox water now I'm sure you've seen this. Here's a link to Bembu, where they show you 8 recipes! Cassey over at Blogilates also made her own recipe! You can also create your own recipes if you want!
    Here's a video to guide you if you're a beginner:
    Anyways, I'll make a post later this month telling you about my results of this detox. Happy March Madness!


    1 comment:

    1. Wow best of luck. I did a pressed juice detox and 1 day was enough for me. I think next time I will do the 3 day one cuz it wasn't bad. But best of luck.
      xx, Michelle
      http://michelleolthuis.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete