Tuesday, March 4, 2014

♡ March Madness Day 3: Oscars Fashion Recap Part I ♡

ibtimes.com

As most of you know, the Oscars happened this weekend. Some people enjoy watching it because of the red carpet, to see all the gorgeous dresses, the fancy jewelry and the astonishing makeup. Some like watching it because of movies, out of curiosity to see what movie won what award, what actor/actress won what award. Anyways, whether it's for fashion purposes or cinema purposes or just out of curiosity everyone likes to have a peek at what's going on. 

Since this is mostly a fashion blog, I'm going to be recapping a few looks that caught my eye. I'm going to be starting off with everyone's favorite sweetheart Emma Watson. Although Emma wasn't nominated for any awards, she still made an appearance. Of course, she looked amazing as you can see in the pictures below.

justjaredjr.com
Emma wore a dress by Vera Wang and a clutch by Anya Hindmarch. There was no question as to if her dress looked good or not. Of course it did. Emma is one of those celebrities who has amazing red carpet style. There was one controversial topic, her hair. Her hair generated a bit of polemic. It received reviews like 'she needs to get a new hair stylist' or 'she needs to comb her hair'. Personally, I think her hair would've looked nicer in a full-on updo but this half up-half down look is totally working for her. As for the tangled comments, I do think her stylist could've eased up a bit on the hair spray. 
As for her makeup, it's simple yet gorgeous. You can never go wrong with a simple red lip, blush and mascara.


Now onto Sally Hawkins, who was nominated for the award of 'best actress in a supporting role' for her role as Ginger on the movie Blue Jasmine. She was wearing a Valentino dress and jewelry by Fred Leighton. 
perezhilton.com
Don't get me wrong her dress is stunning, but I do think it looked rather baggy on her. The dress could have fitted her a lot nicer if it wasn't so big on the torso area and the sleeve area. The detailing on this dress is beautiful but that's to be expected from Valentino. Her hair also looked very nice but her bangs were in her face during every interview I watched but that happens. I like how Sally never overdoes her makeup, it's always 'less is more'. 

Since we're on the topic of Blue Jasmine, I thought it would only be fair if we talked about Cate Blanchett, the winner of the 'best actress in a leading role' award. Cate is dressed in an Armani Prive nude gown with Swarovski crystals. Her shoes were Roger Vivier and her jewelry was by Chopard.
justjared.com
Just Jared said that 'Cate Blanchett is already a winner for her amazing look on the red carpet' and I have to agree. Look at all the detail on her dress, it seems like this dress was made to be worn by her. Was it? I'm not sure. Her hair, make up, jewelry, outfit, everything was just, overall, on point. She won a very well deserved award.

I couldn't resist, I had to add one of my new favorite people to this post. Who? No one other than Lupita Nyong'o. Lupita was definitely the highlight of the night, for me anyways. She won the award for 'best actress in a supporting role'. Apparently, this was her debut on the big screen which is hard to believe considering the fact that she was amazing in 12 Years a Slave, the movie that won 'best picture'. 
justjared.com
Lupita handpicked the color of her dress because she wanted to portray peace. Her dress is absolutely stunning, which is to be expected since the dress is custom designed by Prada. Her jewelry is by Fred Leighton. Her tiara is supposedly going to be the new trend. I have no comments on her outfit, she looked amazing and there's nothing to criticize.
If you didn't watch the Oscars then I think there's one clip that you definitely need to see. Lupita's acceptance speech, which was absolutely inspiring and beautiful, just like her.


That is it for tonight's Oscars recap. I'll be back tomorrow with some more red carpet looks.
Ps: I'm trying out a new font rather than typing everything Italic. I like it so far, I think I'm gonna stick to it!

1 comment:

  1. Cate really looked lovely. I'm still gutted that Leo didn't win again though. Poor guy. I really feel for him. He deserves to WIN!

    ReplyDelete