Sunday, December 8, 2013

♡ 17 Days Till Christmas: MOTW: Stuck In Love ♡

I figured it was about time I did another Movie of the week post and this is a good one. How good? So good that I have added another movie to my favorites list. And heres why.


Directed By: Josh Boone
Starring: Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Connely, Lily Collins, Logan Lerman, Nat Wolff and Kristen Bell

Click here for the trailer!

The 2012 movie Stuck In Love is about first loves and second chances, like it says in the description of the movie. William (Greg Kinnear) is the father of Samantha (Lily Collins) and Rusty (Nat Wolff) and he's still in love with his ex wife, played by Jennifer Connelly. William is also a distinguished writer and he wants his children to become writers. Rusty is your average antisocial teenager until his father tells him to go out and live, that's when he falls in love with Kate (Liana Liberato), and that's where Rusty's stories begins. Samantha doesn't believe in love until the moment that she meets Louis (Logan Lerman). If I said any more than this it'd ruin the story.

If you're like me and you enjoy the occasional (by occasional I mean weekly) romantic movie then this is perfect for you. The entire setting of this book just feels so cozy and winter-y and I loved it. The whole movie was amazing to me, it's rare for me to find a movie that makes me want to go out and do something but this movie is one of those. When I saw them writing such beautiful things it made me want to be a writer, I'm not a good writer but still, that's not the point....  This was also the first time that I saw Nat Wolff acting outside of The Naked Brothers Band. Also it looks like Jennifer Connelly and Lily Collins are actually related... They look so much alike...

This movie was beautiful from the sceneries to the acting to the love stories. You will laugh, you will cry (a lot) and you will get so involved like I did. Can we take a moment to talk about the soundtrack? Perfect. Most of the songs have been my favorite at some point, for example Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and The Calendar Hung Itself by Bright Eyes, which perfectly described Rusty and Kate's relationship.

Overall, this is my perfect winter movie and I give it five stars out of five stars. But maybe I'm biased since I love reading and writing but you should go check out the movie and find out for yourself!

By the way, if you're from Australia or New Zealand than the movie is called A Place For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment