Saturday, December 14, 2013

♡ 12 Days Till Christmas: MOTW: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug ♡

I'm aware that this post is a bit late but I got home from the movies at like 4AM so I didn't have time to review it. But I really wanted to get this post out even if it is a day overdue. 

I am a massive Lord of the Rings fan, ask anyone I know and they'll tell you straight up. To me, everything about it is beautiful. So you can only imagine how excited I was in 2012 when they released The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey movie, which was amazing by the way. But this year they released The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. I, of course, had to go see it on the day it came out. Therefore, my movie of the week this week is The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.


Directed by: Peter Jackson
Starring: Martin Freeman, Benedict Cumberbatch, Orlando Bloom, Ian McKellen, Richard Armitage, Evangeline Lilly, Andy Serkis and many more.

Click here for the trailer!

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is the second movie in the trilogy of An Unexpected Journey, which was originally a book written by J.R.R. Tolkien. The movie tells the story of Bilbo Baggins, a hobbit from the Shire, as he accompanies 13 dwarves, who have lost their kingdom to Smaug, a dragon, and aids them on their mission to reclaim what was once theirs. The dwarves are also being chased by Orcs, which makes their quest even more difficult. Throughout the entire second movie, Bilbo Baggins possesses the ring, that is very important because the theme of the Lord of the Rings trilogy revolved around it. It's a bit hard to describe the plot of this movie so I'd suggest watching the trailer, which I have linked above.

Let me just start off by saying that this movie was absolutely amazing and that it did not feel like it was 3 hours long. As always, the scenery is beautiful and everything looks realistic. The make up/wardrobe/hair in this movie never seizes to amaze me, it's all so perfect you wouldn't ever be able to tell what the actors actually look like. Also, the special effects beautiful. 

There were particular scenes that I enjoyed, for example the scenes with Tauriel and Kili. I also liked the scene where Bilbo finally got a name for his sword, Sting. Also, the scenes with Smaug and Bilbo. The ending was also quite the cliffhanger. I don't know what to say about this movie besides the fact that it was absolutely amazing and even if you're not a fan of Lord of the Rings you should give it a shot because it was beautifully made, the settings were flawless, the wardrobe was impressive, the acting was priceless and there was the occasional comical moments, most of them including Bombur, the obese dwarf. 

If that doesn't convince you to go check out this movie then I have one thing to say to you. Orlando Bloom. Yes, he is in this movie and he looks perfect as always. He plays the part of Legolas and he did an amazing job, as he always does. 
I am so excited for the next movie to come out and I'm sure that it'll be as amazing if not more than the other two movies. Peter Jackson never fails to disappoint, I'm even considering reading all of the Lord of the Rings books once I'm done with the ones I'm currently reading. 

All in all, go watch this movie. You won't regret it. But before watching this I'd recommend watching the first one or else you'll be a bit lost. This was one of the best movies of the year, in my opinion, and no one should miss out.

No comments:

Post a Comment