Tuesday, November 19, 2013

♡ Movie Of The Week: Catching Fire ♡

I know I haven't done one of these in forever and I'm sorry, but I really loved this movie and I couldn't wait till my favorites post so I decided to just make a post now! 

Last weekend I finally decided to go see Catching Fire and to be completely honest, I didn't want to go. I originally read the first book The Hunger Games and didn't really like it so I didn't even bother with the movies but I went anyways and I'm glad I did. I'm currently reading all of the books and I might make a post on that later!



Directed By: Francis Lawrence
Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Sam Clafin, Woody Harrelson

Click here for the trailer!

Catching Fire is the second movie to The Hunger Games series. It tells the story of Katniss Everdeen after participating in The Hunger Games. The story starts off with Katniss receiving a visit from President Snow telling her that she needs to convince the districts that her and Peeta are actually in love because the President is scared of rebellion within the districts. It shows the tour that Katniss and Peeta go on to talk about life after The Hunger Games. When rebellions start occurring in the districts, the President and the Game Maker (one who designs the games) decide that the participants of The Hunger Games will have to be the victors of the past games. And that's where the story really kicks off, I'm not going to say anymore or I'll spoil the movie!

The movie was absolutely amazing, I love the movie in general. The special effects were greats, the make up was great, the costumes were amazing especially the mocking jay dress! Can I just express my love for Jennifer Lawrence, really quick? She's such an amazing person and a great role model. She's the type of person who you try your best to hate but you can't because she's amazing. Also, the soundtrack is amazing, I love the song Atlas by Cold Play (click for link) even though they only play it in the credits!

Overall, it was an amazing movie and I'd give five stars out of five stars! And I'm excited for the third movie! I'll report back once I've read all the books!

That's about it, hope you guys enjoyed this post and go check out the movie! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment