Friday, August 30, 2013

♡ Movie Of The Week: Upside Down ♡

Hi guys,

I'm so excited to finally announce my new series that I'm starting on my blog called movie of the week. I've had this idea for so long now and I just decided to finally pursue it. It's no secret that I am in love with movies and that I've seen so many movies. So I'm making this series where each week I'll talk about a different movie, if it's good or not and all that. I'll also rate the movie. Welcome to my first post of my series! Hope y'all enjoy!


Directed by: Juan Solanas
Starring: Kirsten Dunst. Jim Sturgess, Timothy Spall, Blu Mankuma, and many more.
Click here for the trailer

In a nutshell, this movie is about two different worlds with two different gravities; in the upper world live the rich people and in the lower, the poor people. It tells the story of a controlling government that doesn't allow contact in between social classes. The two main characters, Adam and Eden fall in love. As you can probably guess, it gets a bit tricky. But the movie tells the story of this romance between people from two different worlds.  I won't say any more or else I might spoil it.

First, let's talk about the special effects, which are amazing. It seems so difficult to put together a movie like this but they certainly pulled it off. The scenery gave the whole 'controlling modern society' vibe without copying the whole 'Big Brother' idea from 1984. 

The acting was also amazing, I might be biased though. Kirsten Dunst is one of my favorite actresses ever and this movie definitely reenforces my opinion. Jim Sturgess was amazing as always. Timothy Spall also did a fantastic job, I loved his character as well.

The whole concept of the movie was amazing but I do think that there were a few aspects that needed to go more in depth because a lot of it was very superficial. For example, we know everything about Adam's (Sturgess) life but close to nothing about Eden's (Dunst). I don't know, I just expected more out of this film. But I'm a romantic and I loved the idea of a love so strong that it could 'break' gravity.

It did remind me quite a bit of City of Ember, which was a great movie. Both of them talk about this sort of modern government that controls its' individuals. 

Imagine watching this movie with a projector like the one they use in planetariums!


3.5 out of 5 stars

Hope you guys enjoyed this post and look out for a post like this every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment