Saturday, August 3, 2013

♡ Back To School: My Guide To High School ♡

Hi guys,

I am by no means a master in high school but I've been it for a while now... I'm a junior which means I've been in high school for three years! I was so nervous when I was first starting so I'm going to give you guys my tips for high school!

Let me start off by saying that I am one of those people who do not like school and even the sound of the word school during vacation makes me scared. High school sucks but so does every other school :)

wehearit.com


1. High school is not like the movies. You see all those movies where there's the group of popular girls who make fun of everyone else and every guy loves them... Well, that's not really true, no one cares too much about popular people and no one really bothers making fun of each other. I think we're all too insecure about ourselves to do that. No one is going to throw you in the trash can or slam you into a locker.

2. Focus on school. I'm serious, you might want to focus on your social life but remember you're going to college soon and you need those grades. And, you don't want to cram all your studying during final studying. Study beforehand but also enjoy high school. 

3. Don't take it too seriously. Seriously.... Most of the people in my school dress up during the first week but then as the year passes, we all just wear sweatpants and messy buns pretty much every day. 

4. Don't do anything you're not ready to do. You're going to have so many new opportunities that you never had during junior high and some of them you'll feel like you have to do it to fit in but guess what? You don't. I'll say it once again so y'all can understand this loud and clear... No one cares.

5. Value your sleep. Story time! During my freshman year I had a boyfriend who I would literally talk to on the phone all night long. Literally from five in the afternoon to five in the morning. And when I didn't sleep at home I'd sleep in class. Which is not good, trust me. The relationship didn't even work out in the end. Which brings me to my next point.

6. Boys. Not all boys are the same, if you disagree then you only go for a particular type of guy. Yes, you're going to meet plenty of assholes but you're also going to meet nice guys. So hang on to those. You're probably going to fall in love once or twice but remember that grades are important too! If you want to have flings then by all means have flings. If you're in a relationship then be in a relationship!

7. Be yourself. High school is a HUGE place, you will certainly find a group of friends who you can truly be yourself around. Don't be afraid to talk to new people, you might meet your best friend in high school!

weheartit.com


8. You're going to have a lot of freedom. But with that freedom comes so much responsibility. Manage your time wisely.

9. This one might sound a little movie-ish but it's true. If you're a freshman, upperclassmen will usually try to harass you. They don't do it to be mean, it's just sort of a tradition. I suffered my share of freshman hazing but I'm fine so don't even worry about it! 

10. Peer pressure. While you're in junior high you have health class and all the teachers are like 'people are going to force you to drink and use drugs and blah blah', this is not true at all. Once again, no one cares. In fact, most people look down on people who do engage in that sort of behavior frequently.

11. Make good impressions on teacher, it will really help you in parent teacher conferences.

12. Parties. High school parties are crazy compared to middle school but they're nothing compared to college parties. High school parties usually get broken up easily, due to either the music being too loud or underage drinking. But for the most part, parties are pretty fun and you will meet so many new people.

13. People do change and it's usually for the best. Oh yeah, you will change as well.

14. Enjoy. Honestly, high school flies by. There are going to be times where you hate everything and there are going to be times where you love it but either way just remember that high school is just a temporary straight. Working hard and being yourself is basically key to success. 
weheartit.com


Here's an accurate representation of what your high school years will be like.
weheartit.com


Hope you guys enjoyed this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment