Wednesday, December 3, 2014

♡ App of the Week: Scrivener ♡


It's been so long since I've made an app of the week post but I figured that this app is different than most therefore I must give it a quick shout out. You know? 

Unlike most of the products that I include in my app of the week posts this isn't an app for your iPhone or iPad, it's an app for your Macbook or iMac or anything like that. This app will appeal most to those of you who enjoy writing. It has formatting for screenplays, poetry, novels, short stories and much more. It gives you space to plot out your entire story, to write about each one of your characters, to define the setting, to write down notes and any other thing you can think of. You can also use the index cards to map out each part of your story!

I, personally, don't use much of the other features besides the screen play one since I enjoy writing screen plays. I found that this was a much more affordable writing software than Final Draft 9 and many of those other ones that tend to cost over a hundred dollars. I love writing on this, I don't have much to say on it besides that. I'm not a professional writer or anything like that therefore I feel as if it's not really my place to go into much detail. But I love this app and if you're a new writer then I think it's a great option. I enjoy how I don't need wifi to use this like Celtx. I used to use Celtx but I needed internet connection and I don't always have internet connection when I'm writing. 

This is available in the app store and it retails for $45, I think. But I got it when it was on sale for $20, which was an amazing price!

Here are some of the options for formatting that you have.

The 'binder' where you can keep all of your characters, places, scenes, etc...

This is what the character page looks like, you can use this to describe each character in as much or as little detail as you want.

This is what the 'place' page looks like, you can use this to describe the setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment