Saturday, December 6, 2014

♡ 20 Days Til Christmas: MAC 2014 Holiday Collection: Salon Rouge Lipstick ♡


If you didn't already know, each year MAC launches a new holiday collection each year and this year's is called the Heirloom mix and it's gorgeous! I always pick up a few lipsticks from the line and this year I originally got Salon Rouge and Rebel but there was this whole thing where Rebel was broken and when I went to exchange it, it was sold out and blah blah. Long story short, I only have Salon Rouge which is perfectly fine with me.


Let's talk about the packaging for a moment, as you can see it's black like all MAC packaging but it has some sparkles on it. I have to say last year's packaging was, in my opinion, better. The silver part when you walk the lipstick was golden and it was just gorgeous.


Salon Rouge is a deep red, darker than strawberry red and it's gorgeous. I really like the color, I don't own any reds like this. I almost got Sparks of Romance but I thought it looked too much like Ruby Woo but with a little bit of glitter and I don't like glitter on my lips so yeah... My big issue with Salon Rouge is that it's a matte lipstick, I love how it looks and all but it's like Ingrid (Miss Glamorazzi) said 'It's like applying a glue stick to your lips'. I prefer MAC lipsticks with a Satin finish because they're much easier to apply and my lips don't feel dry when I put it on. Therefore, before putting this lip stick on I strongly suggest using a lip scrub beforehand and some lip balm as well.

What did you think of MAC's Heirloom Mix?

No comments:

Post a Comment